Search by Labels

Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (series) - Stieg Larson

Rating: 4/5
Summary: Where do I begin? Well, a young girl gone missing some 40 years ago is still sending gifts to her grandfather, so he hires the journalist Mikael Blomkvist to dig into the mystery and find out what really happened. Basically, lots and lots of drama, action and mystery. The other books follow Blomkvist on a continuation of the story, a bit of romance, and more scandal.
Review: While I'm not crazy about mystery/crime books, I have to admit this is a good series. I listened to it on audio and I think if I had read the actual book it would have taken me forever because I'd have to reread paragraphs a million times (not to mention all the foreign names are quite difficult to remember and pronounce.) The plot mystery is great, the sex and scandal is a little (a lot) intense at times,  and characters are well developed and unique. Overall, a good read if you don't mind some morbid imagery and adult situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment