Search by Labels

Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Girl, 15, Charming but Insane - Sue Limb

Rating: 3/5
Summary: Jess is a typical girl in high school with an eccentric imagination and an interesting family dynamic. She goes through the typical high school dramas of parties, romance and humiliating moments and handles the situations with her own personal flair.
Review: The plot was well paced and this was a funny little book to read. I don't think it was intended for adults, but I found it silly and enjoyable anyway. Jess reminds me of myself in some ways but of my high school friends in others. I praise the author for her incredibly accurate portrayal of a teenager and all her glorious immaturity. There wasn't a huge climax and the ending was written to make you want to read the sequels, but I don't think I will. Not that this was a bad book, it just wasn't great enough for me to be hooked. I would highly recommend this to a 15 or 16-year-old girl though, so if you've got one of those in your life, it would make a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment