Search by Labels

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review: Beautiful Creatures - Garcia and Stohl

Rating: 3/5
Summary: Guy meets girl. Girl turns out to be from a magical family and has all sorts of secrets. They fall in love and are told it won't work but stick together anyway.
Review: A decent book, but not as great as I would have liked. The intended audience felt very young, as in preteens. The concept was great and the characters were interesting but not very developed. I was disappointed by the flow of the plot also. The story felt slow and without an impacting climax. I give the authors credit in that if they were aiming for a young audience alone, I'm sure the middle-schoolers will love it. Unlike most YA books I've read however, this one did not appeal to a mid-twenties mom who likes to read about magic and fantasy. Maybe hand this one over to your little sister....

No comments:

Post a Comment