Search by Labels

Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: Beauty Queens - Libba Bray

Rating: 3/5
Summary: Basically, Lord of the Flies meets Miss Congeniality. A plane full of beauty queens crashes on an island and all the adults die. The prim and proper girls must figure out how to survive while maintaining their pageant skills and tans.
Review: Again, I love Libba Bray and this is such a dramatic change from A Great and Terrible Beauty that I couldn't help but enjoy it. Its very sarcastic and a little cheesy with "The Corporation" commercials between chapters and other unrealistic happenings, but I liked the wit and governmental digs. Don't read this if you can't get past the "suspension of disbelief" issue because there are some seriously and irrationally dumb girls in this book. I got a few out loud chuckles from it though, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun book that borders the YA-Adult Fiction line.

No comments:

Post a Comment