Search by Labels

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Review: City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Rating: 3/5
Summary: When Clary Fray witnesses a murder at a local club, she gets a glimpse of a world of demons and magic. After her mother is kidnapped by these evil forces she finds herself thrown into this world head first. Jace, a demon-hunter, becomes her fixation in this unusual world while she slowly discovers her own hidden talents.
Review: Um... this was a good book, but not a must read. I have no desire to read any more in the series. While the characters were a little flat, the story was unique and the adventures were interesting enough to keep me turning pages. I didn't find the relationships believable however, and I find this a forgettable book. I might have found it more captivating if I hadn't read Hunger Games and Twilight and had such a high bar set for this type of supernatural novel. Sorry Ms. Clare.

No comments:

Post a Comment