Search by Labels

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review: Graceling - Kristin Cashore

Rating: 2/5
Summary: Katsa is a "Graceling," a person born with a special talent, and she has an extraordinary ability to kill and hurt people. When she embarks on a mission to rescue a kidnapped royal, she meets Po, another "Graceling" who begins to teach her about things she didn't even know she was missing.
Review: This book is another that got great reviews and failed to impress me. The plot was incredibly slow and the action/fighting was slightly unbelievable to me. I didn't feel submersed in the story or intrigued by the characters at all, and all the medieval verbiage bored me.  The climax wasn't even impressive and I was left pretty disappointed with how the heroine ended up. I actually think I may delete Fire, which is another in this series, from my iPod and not waste my time with another monotone book.

No comments:

Post a Comment