Search by Labels

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Review: A Dirty Job - Christopher Moore

Rating: 3/5
Summary: Charlie Asher loses his wife during childbirth and somehow gains the ability to see the souls of the dead in the objects he sells in his 2nd hand store. He begins collecting them to save them from the dark forces of the underworld and ends up confronting these dark forces through an emotional adventure of his own.
Review: Meh. I wasn't as impressed with this book as the online reviews make it sound. It was slightly anti-climatic and depressing. I didn't really associate with the characters and while the plot was certainly unique, it wasn't particularly interesting. More of an adult book than a YA, I still wouldn't really recommend this to anyone looking for a good read. I had a difficult time even remembering the story, which tells me it just wasn't good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment