Search by Labels

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Venison potato quiche

Not only do I have ground venison sitting in my freezer and I have no idea what to do with it, but I've been craving quiche lately but don't feel like going out shopping for it. So I decided to make quiche with the ingredients I had in my fridge and the venison. But I had no pie crust, so I decided to use potatoes as my crust! I always make things in 2 so I can freeze them, so here's my recipe for 2 venison quiches.

I sliced 2 idaho potatoes thin with my mandolin and fanned them out in a greased pie pan. Then I seasoned with salt and pepper. I precooked this "crust" for about 10 minutes on 400 degrees and pulled it out to cool.

Then I poured in these ingredients as the filling:
9 eggs mixed with a splash of milk
1 lb. cooked ground vension (cooked with sage, garlic and thyme)
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes (all I had were grape so I sliced them)
3/4 cup crumbled white cheddar cheese (again, all I had, feel free to use regular cheddar)
season with thyme and basil
sprinkle a little romano/parmesan cheese on top

Then I baked it at 350 degrees until egg was no longer jiggly (about 45 minutes.) Cut and serve with a little more parmesan, delicious!

This ended up being a great way to use ground venison, but next time around I will probably add a little bacon (cause its awesome in everything) and more tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment