Search by Labels

Friday, December 23, 2011

Review: Bruiser - Neil Shusterman

Rating: 4/5
Summary: Tennyson and Bronte are brother and sister living the normal teenager lifestyle. When Bronte starts dating Bruiser, the boy nominated "most likely to receive the death penalty" by his classmates, they quickly learn that people aren't always as they seem.
Review: I read this because I loved Unwind by Shusterman and this also got good reviews. In my opinion, this wasn't nearly the caliber of Unwind but it was still enjoyable. Shusterman is very talented and I enjoyed his style of writing, especially because he gives each character a very defined personality and when you read their chapters, you relate to each individually. I feel like I've heard this story before those, and the plot was relatively expected. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed reading this and would recommend it to others interested in the YA style of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment