Search by Labels

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review: Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris

Rating: 4/5
Summary: Sookie Stackhouse is a mindreader who is relieved when a vampire finally comes to her small town and she finds she can't hear his thoughts. When she begins to develop a relationship with him, dangerous things start happening around her and she must decide whether her life is worth being with a dead man.
Review: I really didn't want to like this book simply because everyone loves the series and I'm about at the end of vampire obsession. And even though it follows the TV series almost exactly, or the reverse I guess, I still found myself enjoying the book. The characterization and personalities aren't extremely captivating and I didn't feel the emotions of the narrator the way I would have liked, but one thing is for sure, the um... intimate scenes... are pretty breathtaking. This book is definitely not a YA in my mind but fun to read especially if you're feeling a little naughty. I will probably read more of the series but I don't feel like I have to run out and get them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment