Search by Labels

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Boston Cream Cupcakes.... mmmmm!

I got me a shiny, new, cherry-red Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for Christmas and have put it to good use since! I decided to make "Boston Cream Cupcakes" from my new Taste of Home Baking cookbook and substituted the ganache frosting with the "Silky Creamy Frosting." I also didn't have vanilla pudding so I used chocolate. Um... all I can say is the cupcakes were AWESOME and the frosting was being eaten by the spoon post decoration. This really was the best freaking icing I've ever had. Not too sweet, not to thick or rich, just right! Also, the cupcakes were perfectly moist and again, not too sweet. I might have to brag that this was the most delicious item I've ever made in my entire life. Thank goodness I had to share them. Since my little girl's first birthday is coming up, I also decided to practice my icing skills with my new Betty Crocker Decorating Kitthat I also received for Christmas. Look how cute they turned out!

P.S. I had extra icing, even after cutting the recipe in half, so I used it to frost my extra pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment